Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » New Team New Attitude
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
    AHL Attendance Record EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
    AHL Attendance Record EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
    AHL Attendance Record EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
    AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Top posters
    MrBigMike
    AHL Attendance Record I_vote_lcapAHL Attendance Record I_voting_barAHL Attendance Record I_vote_rcap 
    lettucehead
    AHL Attendance Record I_vote_lcapAHL Attendance Record I_voting_barAHL Attendance Record I_vote_rcap 
    Amerks6
    tcw8848
    warlockmb
    TonyC formerlyLEX
    Hiwire
    hardrock4445
    sec13crunch
    Kalvinators
    Sites Of Interest

AHL Attendance Record

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

AHL Attendance Record Empty
    PostSubject: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:43 am

Well Hartford/ Connecticut outdoor game surpasses our record of 21,503. They had 21,673. A measly 170 people. I guess I wouldn't mind losing the record if it got smashed, but losing by that few sucks. I'm sure Howard won't sleep a wink tonight.

But that shows what the experts think....they were predicting 30K or more. scratch

In other related news, congrats to Jordan Lavallee-Smotherman with a goal in his second AHL outdoor game.
    Back to top Go down
    https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
    lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:48 am

I hope the Connecticut brass personally call Howard and thank him because this wasn't their original idea.
    They only did it because we did it first.
    We'll have that record back next year anyway.
    Back to top Go down
    Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 am

WOW hard to believe the attendance was that low but then again I suppose a lot had to do with the weather. I originally planned to go but as much as I liked the idea we decided the weather just wasnt going to be worth it. I dont know about anyone else, but Id MUCH rather see another outdoor game at the fairgrounds than one at the Dome. Im sure Howard can find a way to squeeze in another 200 seats out there! cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Hiwire wrote:
    WOW hard to believe the attendance was that low but then again I suppose a lot had to do with the weather. I originally planned to go but as much as I liked the idea we decided the weather just wasnt going to be worth it. I dont know about anyone else, but Id MUCH rather see another outdoor game at the fairgrounds than one at the Dome. Im sure Howard can find a way to squeeze in another 200 seats out there! cheers

The problem with outdoor games is they, like the dome game, are a novelty. Sure the regulars will go, but you wont draw numbers like that again this soon. The dome idea is new and if you incorporate the right events you can draw fans from a variety of teams.

I'd like another outdoor game as much as anyone....I just don't see it. At least not in the near future. If we do another one, I'd like a different venue. Too many seats at the fairgrounds with obstructed views, like most of the STHs got.
    Back to top Go down
    https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
    Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Unbelievable! I saw the video It looks more like 10,000 The place is empty!
    Back to top Go down
    TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:31 pm

They didn't beat our record, there is no way. Their owner gave away 7,000 free tickets. Howard only gave away 200. The upper management seems to agree that they have falsified records. At best they had 12,000.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AHL Attendance Record   AHL Attendance Record Empty

Back to top Go down

AHL Attendance Record
    Page 1 of 1