Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Any guesses? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Any guesses? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Any guesses? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Any guesses? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Any guesses? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Any guesses? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Any guesses? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Any guesses? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Any guesses? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
Any guesses? I_vote_lcapAny guesses? I_voting_barAny guesses? I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

Any guesses?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Howard has made some eyebrow raising statements on twitter....anyone care to guess what he is hinting at?
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Amerks6

Amerks6

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Game in the dome next year.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Amerks6 wrote:

Ha...well played. While a new affiliate is a possibility.....I'm not holding my breath. I'll be the first to admit, while Howard is a great owner, he loves his 15 minutes. After last season's press release that Crunch fans will be "ecstatic" over our new affiliate, I don't put a lot of stock into anything regarding that front.

Although, you guys can say what you want about him, he does care and I would not be surprised if there are some serious changes next year. Even if only more local control over the roster, which is what I am leaning to.

On a side note, if there is a hockey god.....we get the Rangers and Amerks get our sloppy seconds. Not likely, but boy would that be funny.

Amerks6, allow me to ask..... I have been reading your page's affiliation woes and concerns, at it seems that anything less than a NHL franchise with "community ties" would ruin the Amerk franchise. I'm curious, aside from Buffalo, what possible "community ties" are there with any other team?
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:57 pm

I thought the Dome game was pretty much a done deal. He sort of indicated a while back that it was just a matter of dotting some i's A lot of possibilities there for sure.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:27 pm

MrBigMike wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:

Ha...well played. While a new affiliate is a possibility.....I'm not holding my breath. I'll be the first to admit, while Howard is a great owner, he loves his 15 minutes. After last season's press release that Crunch fans will be "ecstatic" over our new affiliate, I don't put a lot of stock into anything regarding that front.

Although, you guys can say what you want about him, he does care and I would not be surprised if there are some serious changes next year. Even if only more local control over the roster, which is what I am leaning to.

On a side note, if there is a hockey god.....we get the Rangers and Amerks get our sloppy seconds. Not likely, but boy would that be funny.

Amerks6, allow me to ask..... I have been reading your page's affiliation woes and concerns, at it seems that anything less than a NHL franchise with "community ties" would ruin the Amerk franchise. I'm curious, aside from Buffalo, what possible "community ties" are there with any other team?
I don't know about community ties, but with the state of the Amerks fan base, I honestly believe anything less than the Sabres, Ranger or independent will cause massive issues for the Amerks.

Personally I think they will come through. I mean, getting the Ducks or coming back with the Panthers would just be a disaster and I'm pretty sure they know it.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:50 pm

Well we feel your pain this season. It's one thing to have a shitty team, but it's completely different when the NHL team completely deflates your building's atmosphere. We've had bad teams in the past, but at least the games were still fun. Whether anyone agrees or disagrees with any of our gripes, the proof is in the pudding. The Ducks have completely ruined the atmosphere of Crunch games. Seasons past, I would never miss a home game, attend road games or at the very least order AHL live. This year I could care less.
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Ive been a season ticket holder for a couple years now and went to games before that too. The atmosphere was the first thing that sucked me in to attending regularly. I can honestly say that we might be louder and more excited now when we are winning BUT the atmosphere is NOT the same as it was last year, even when we were losing. The goalie chants seem forced there is not the feeling of being a family with the team. They just dont seem like "our" team. I dont care if they win every game for the rest of the year and we make the front page of the newspaper. A LOT of damage has been done this season. No more House of Pain, No more Mirasty, its just not the same. I think itll be a long time before the Crunch feels like "our" team again.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:34 pm

My gut feeling say we get the Flyers next year. What leads me to this is:

-During one of Lindsay's syr.com chats with Howard, a fan inquired about having to purchase new jerseys again next year. Howard said no. Flyers colors and our current jerseys would match. ( obviously with a different shoulder patch)

-The terms farewell and sendoff in regards to this years players were used quite frequently in Kramer's near end of season stories. Also, Howard wanted the players to have a positive memory of Syracuse.

-The singing of God Bless America and the season finale. A trademark of the Flyers.

-The recent poll posted on the Crunch's facebook page that lists round two playoff series as teams vs team except one that simply says "go Flyers"

-Dolgons recent trip to Cali was less than 2 days, with travel time. Just enough time to sign severance papers??

Also, don't be surprised to see Mirasty in a Crunch uniform again next year. If he were gone for good, don't you guys think he would have had a better send off? He was at the last couple of games and made frequent visits to the offices with Sarosy and Dolgon.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:52 pm

My guess is Tampa Bay to Syracuse. Philly would be a stop gap for Syracuse since the Flyers are trying pretty hard to get in Allentown.

Also think Vancouver will end up in Rochester.
Back to top Go down
sec13crunch

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
My guess is Tampa Bay to Syracuse. Philly would be a stop gap for Syracuse since the Flyers are trying pretty hard to get in Allentown.

The arena in Allentown is dying a slow death, my company has a branch down there and we actually were going to be supplying the materials to the arena. That order which was suspended has been outright cancelled. As for Tampa here no way it happens Howard has already said as much. The Canucks will be putting their prospects either in San Antonio or Chicago next season IF the NHL goes back North of the border.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I can see the Canucks heading to Rochester. No way Tampa is coming. It'll end up being the Flyers or back with the Ducks.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptySun May 01, 2011 1:51 pm

sec13crunch wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:

The arena in Allentown is dying a slow death, my company has a branch down there and we actually were going to be supplying the materials to the arena. That order which was suspended has been outright cancelled. As for Tampa here no way it happens Howard has already said as much. The Canucks will be putting their prospects either in San Antonio or Chicago next season IF the NHL goes back North of the border.
Don't talk in absolutes like you know that will happen. That's simply an opinion.

Allentown may or may not be dead but I don't see Philly going to Syracuse regardless. Why would they?

I don't see Vancouver going to San Antonio. If anything, I see Anaheim going there if they leave Syracuse.

Chicago? Maybe, but I think ultimately Atlanta (or wherever they end up) will continue to be affiliated with Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Tweets from Dolgon today suggest Anaheim will be back as Syracuse's affiliate. As of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any guesses? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any guesses?   Any guesses? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any guesses?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: Topics :: 2011-2012 Season-
Jump to: