Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
That's a wrap EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
That's a wrap EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
That's a wrap EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
That's a wrap EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
That's a wrap EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
That's a wrap EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
That's a wrap EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
That's a wrap EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
That's a wrap EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
That's a wrap I_vote_lcapThat's a wrap I_voting_barThat's a wrap I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

That's a wrap

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: That's a wrap   That's a wrap EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Well the team went out in style. Ended the season on a high note. Interesting fact, we finished with more points and higher in the standings than last year. Even considering that, I still don't remember being this disappointed and frustrated last year.

Hopefully there are some changes this summer. New affiliate, new coach, something. The last five weeks were fun to watch and it would ne interesting to see what this team would do next year if they end up sticking around. So many off the cuff remakrs and reading between the lines of comments and headlines. I haven't a clue as what it all means/meant.

I still think that even through the last few weeks, full of wins and goal scoring, the team still lacked toughness. Too many unfinished checks to count, ZERO entertaining or momentum shifting fights etc.

I though Mcgratton would bring the spark but sadly he did not. I understand that few want to dance with him, but if too many liberties are being taken he should have forced it to happen. In between plays, even with scrums going on, he would just skate around with his stick and one leg in the air. Almost seemed like he could care less. Too bad, because I liked seeing him in a Crunch uniform.

The only off season shocker I am going to venture a guess on is extremely shocking news on Mirasty, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Cruncher77

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a wrap   That's a wrap EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:09 pm

I totally disagree on McGratton, he came in and put up 10 points in 20 games which I bet is more points that all of our enforcers had in 5 years combined. He fought PL3 in Albany, totally silenced Selleck at home, and according to his article with Kramer he has asked plenty of guys to fight.

I think by having him on our team it opens up the ice for the other guys to do there thing, he was considerd a top NHL heavy 2 years ago, i'd love to have him back next year for sure....

By finishing strong it gives us hope for next year. Our young guys were the teams best players and I would imagine at least half will be back next season, if not more.

And my 2 cents about a few guys I would hope not to see back....

Joe Dipenta- Did nothing for me at all, seems about 3 steps to slow on D.

Leigh Salters- Barely a OHL enforcer and they sign him to be a full time AHL enforcer, no thanks.

Matt Kennedy- Ok PK guy, nothing more.

Nigel Williams- Enough Said, wow was he bad.

Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a wrap   That's a wrap EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Cruncher77 wrote:
I totally disagree on McGratton, he came in and put up 10 points in 20 games which I bet is more points that all of our enforcers had in 5 years combined. He fought PL3 in Albany, totally silenced Selleck at home, and according to his article with Kramer he has asked plenty of guys to fight.

I think by having him on our team it opens up the ice for the other guys to do there thing, he was considerd a top NHL heavy 2 years ago, i'd love to have him back next year for sure....

By finishing strong it gives us hope for next year. Our young guys were the teams best players and I would imagine at least half will be back next season, if not more.

And my 2 cents about a few guys I would hope not to see back....

Joe Dipenta- Did nothing for me at all, seems about 3 steps to slow on D.

Leigh Salters- Barely a OHL enforcer and they sign him to be a full time AHL enforcer, no thanks.

Matt Kennedy- Ok PK guy, nothing more.

Nigel Williams- Enough Said, wow was he bad.

What exactly are you disagreeing with me about with McGratton? Yeah he scored some goals...bonus. My point was after his first few unsuccessful attempts at getting someone to go he seemed to lose interest. Not once did he mix it up or chirp anyone who ran our guys.

I love Mcgratton and would like to see him back, if it's worth it. Don't count on any goals from him, that's not his role.
Back to top Go down
Cruncher77

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a wrap   That's a wrap EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm

If your saying McGratton could have grabbed a guy knocked him out and be suspended for 5 games, ok ill buy that he didn't do that. Would I have liked a few more fights from him, no question.

I think McGratton played the role that the Ducks/Crunch wanted him to play after realizing he could produce some offense. But I get it, we were out of the playoffs before he even got here- a few nice scraps maybe a line brawl would have been killer.

Basically what i'm saying if there was 10 guys who I would say made this team "boring", I wouldnt have Gratts in that list. My opinion...
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a wrap   That's a wrap EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Cruncher77 wrote:
Basically what i'm saying if there was 10 guys who I would say made this team "boring", I wouldnt have Gratts in that list. My opinion...

Neither would I. I simply said I was disappointed. I expected the old McGratton. The nice little win streak at the end of the season unfortunately was meaningless. I just would have liked to see a good scrap or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That's a wrap Empty
PostSubject: Re: That's a wrap   That's a wrap Empty

Back to top Go down

That's a wrap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: Topics :: 2010-2011 Season-
Jump to: