Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » New Team New Attitude
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Top posters
    MrBigMike
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_vote_lcapYour thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_voting_barYour thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_vote_rcap 
    lettucehead
    Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_vote_lcapYour thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_voting_barYour thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster I_vote_rcap 
    Amerks6
    tcw8848
    warlockmb
    TonyC formerlyLEX
    Hiwire
    hardrock4445
    sec13crunch
    Kalvinators
    Sites Of Interest

Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Koffein

Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster Empty
    PostSubject: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am

Hey! Ducks fan here, been a lurker for the past season and finally got around to register an account.
    Most fans of the Ducks were also a bit upset about how Syracuse was handled last year, and it came as a surprise to us as well since management always points out the importance of having a strong affiliate in the AHL. With that said, Murray and McNab seems to have learned their lesson and is signing quite a few players this season that could have a positive impact with the crunch.
    How do you die hard Crunch fans feel about how the roster is shaping up?

I don't know much about last years lines, so I'll just make something up here:

Maroon-Holland-Gordon
    Deschamps-Bonino-Palmieri
    _______-Macenauer-McGrattan
    Jaques-Schofield-Kennedy

Guenin-Rodney
    Carle-Clark
    Newton-Smaby

Deslauriers
    Tarkki

The new additions to the team being bolded (even though Holland and Schofield got a few games last year)

While Bonino might be called up in case we don't manage to get a 4th line center for the Ducks, Dan Sexton could very well start the season with the crunch. If Hiller is healthy (knock on wood), Pielmeier will be the starter in Elmira instead of Syracuse and even if he'll be the backup in Syracuse you'll have a solid starter in Deslauriers or Tarkki.
    Back to top Go down
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm going to reserve my opinions until the season is under way. We have learned from many years past, off-season signing never mean much. One of our last years with Cbus we were loaded on paper, and failed to make the playoffs. Also, there is no guarantee that all or most of these signings will be in a Crunch uni at all or long enough to make a difference.

Also, roster aside, the Ducks have left a very sour taste in my mouth. It wasn't just the garbage coaching. It wasn't just the roster full of rookies. It wasn't just sending our players to teams mgmt had outside ties to. It wasn't just railroading Mirasty. It wasn't just Holick calling out the fans and resorting to childish name calling. It was the Ducks claiming the Syracuse Crunch, the War Memorial and the fans as their own. They literally came into town and restructured EVERYTHING. The environment just wasn't the same. All of the above was just too much to take.

I fully understand the pecking order. We are the feeders for the system. That explains our roster. But the rest was inexcusable.

All in all, for a minor league hockey club in a slowly dying college sports town where any pro sports team (outside of the Crunch and Chiefs) dies a painfully fast death, I think we deserve better.

We are used to losing teams. Come on this is Syracuse. But we deserve more respect than just being an "affiliate here to serve Ana's needs" . This is the first summer in as long as I could remember that I am not even remotely excited about the upcoming season. I am still on the fence about getting tickets.
    Back to top Go down
    https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
    tcw8848

tcw8848

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:01 pm

A quick look at the new signings and current roster suggests we may be a better more experienced team. How much better is impossible to tell at this point, however.... The one thing still standing out to me is what looks like another "soft" team. I don't see a tough intimidating Syracuse type team in this roster. Outside of Mcgrattan the team much like last year seems to lack toughness and intimidation.. Last years team was not only bad but incredibly boring at times. I just hope we don't turn into a team who maybe squeaks into the playoffs but is still very boring. That won't do anything for me as a fan, and I hope this roster surprises me, because much like Mike said, I am not exited yet about this season....
    Back to top Go down
    warlockmb

warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 pm

tcw8848 wrote:
    A quick look at the new signings and current roster suggests we may be a better more experienced team. How much better is impossible to tell at this point, however.... The one thing still standing out to me is what looks like another "soft" team. I don't see a tough intimidating Syracuse type team in this roster. Outside of Mcgrattan the team much like last year seems to lack toughness and intimidation.. Last years team was not only bad but incredibly boring at times. I just hope we don't turn into a team who maybe squeaks into the playoffs but is still very boring. That won't do anything for me as a fan, and I hope this roster surprises me, because much like Mike said, I am not exited yet about this season....

I for one am excited for this upcomming season but I always am because I love hockey. The Ducks have signed a lot of very interesting and good players that should play for the Crunch. It is hard to say who will be here or who will not but either way it should be a very good team. Would still like to see one more major signing but if not that is good as well.

As for the toughness don't take this wrong but Crunch fans need to get away from this mentality as I want to see a Calder Cup won here in the Cuse and its nice to have fights and great entertainment but my main goal is to see a long playoff push and a championship. Bingo won it last year and they had no true enforcer. I beleive Cody Bass was their top penalty guy with just over 110 PM's. They were also the lowest penalized team in the east last seaon. The Crunch had over 200 more PM's as a team then Bingo.

Also There very well could be 2 tough guys on the team this season in McGrattan and JF Jacques. If neither are here Clark was a decent tough guy and would not mind seeing Kurtz back either. It should be an interesting seaon one way or the other. If the team is bad then it will not be good but if they start out good and get better it could be a fun ride. Only time will tell on this season.
    Back to top Go down
    Koffein

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:54 am

warlockmb wrote:
    Also There very well could be 2 tough guys on the team this season in McGrattan and JF Jacques. If neither are here Clark was a decent tough guy and would not mind seeing Kurtz back either. It should be an interesting seaon one way or the other. If the team is bad then it will not be good but if they start out good and get better it could be a fun ride. Only time will tell on this season.
    That would seem likely, yes. We already have Parros in Anaheim so you will definitely get to keep one of them, and pretty likely both.

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
    Blake-Koivu-Selanne
    McMillan-Cogliano-Smith Pelly
    Beleskey-______-Parros
    Sexton

Visnovsky-Lydman
    Fowler-Sbisa
    Foster-Beauchemin
    Brookbank

Hiller
    Ellis

This is a good guess to how next years lineup will look for the Ducks, and Murray has stated that he's trying to find a good face off man to center the 4th line so hopefully you will get to keep Bonino for most of the year. In case Maroon or someone else has a great camp, Beleskey or Sexton are likely to be sent down eventually. It's likely that two of Rodney, Carle and Smaby get a few games early in case Lydman and Visnovsky is not ready for the start of the season though, and also a 13th forward while Beleskey is out.
    With at least one good goalie on the roster and all of last years rookies having a season under their belt I would be really surprised in the team can't get off to a significantly better start this upcoming season.

While last year was a disaster, what I can say in Ducks defense is that we did not have any affiliate in the AHL the previous year, wich doesn't excuse why we didn't get you a goalie earlier in the season, but it does explain why we didn't have any quality AHL vets in the system or even a coaching staff. According to Ducks management we spent alot more money on Syracuse last year than the affiliation fee could cover wich is why they told Dolgon he had to pay himself to get quality veterans, and I would guess alot of those costs were costs to get our own operation up and running there since we seem way more willing to spend money for you this off season with the addition of two assistants and the newly aquired players. Ducks management want to win in the AHL too, so I really doubt players will be signed or traded for just to be loaned to another AHL franchise this year.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster   Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster Empty

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on the upcoming seasons roster
    Page 1 of 1