Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Arenas Around the League EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Arenas Around the League EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Arenas Around the League EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Arenas Around the League EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Arenas Around the League EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Arenas Around the League EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Arenas Around the League EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Arenas Around the League EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Arenas Around the League EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
Arenas Around the League I_vote_lcapArenas Around the League I_voting_barArenas Around the League I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Arenas Around the League I_vote_lcapArenas Around the League I_voting_barArenas Around the League I_vote_rcap 
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

Arenas Around the League

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Arenas Around the League Empty
PostSubject: Arenas Around the League   Arenas Around the League EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:25 pm

Amerks6:

"Actually, the Amerks lowered their capacity and season tickets are up 30%. So tickets will be harder to get than before"

What is the seating capacity at BCA?

I never understood why they build such large venues. Albany has seating capacity for 20K. They're luck to draw 2k. Looks like a ghost town even with the curtains over the upper bowls.

That is why we will never see a new arena. The attitude is like go big or go home.

I see no problems with a 7-8,000 seat multi-use facility. Think of the concerts and other sporting events it would draw. Many concert promoters and things like WWE vowed to never go to the WM ever gain. And who could blame them? Far too out dated.

I think the return on a new arena would be 10 fold.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Arenas Around the League   Arenas Around the League EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 pm

The Amerks capacity prior to this season was around 11,000. Obviously way too big for an AHL team not named Hershey.

What the Amerks are doing is closing sections 211-217. Those are the massively huge sections behind where the Amerks shoot twice. So the new capacity at the War Memorial will be around 7,600. Around where it was prior to the renovation in the 90's.

It's a great decision because it will keep the crowd much closer and make the arena seem much fuller. The Amerks drew a crowd of 4,800 for the Panthers preseason game and it was a great atmosphere and the arena seemed pretty full.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Arenas Around the League   Arenas Around the League EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:20 pm

You know I love the old barn, but thanks to the stupid decisions of our local government we will probably not see a new arena anytime soon. Instead of building the Oncenter they should have built a new arena. Don't get me wrong the Oncenter is a nice facility but it's obviously limited on the events you can host there.
I know the local veterans have a say with what happens with the WM but who is to say we can't honor our
veterans in a new building?
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Arenas Around the League   Arenas Around the League EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:56 pm

lettucehead wrote:
You know I love the old barn, but thanks to the stupid decisions of our local government we will probably not see a new arena anytime soon. Instead of building the Oncenter they should have built a new arena. Don't get me wrong the Oncenter is a nice facility but it's obviously limited on the events you can host there.
I know the local veterans have a say with what happens with the WM but who is to say we can't honor our
veterans in a new building?

I agree. They could transfer Memorial Hall to a new arena.

They really should have re-thought the OnCenter. Aside from car shows, which could be held in the basement of a new arena, I see no exclusive use that justifies it over a new arena.

Who's to say they couldn't have added whatever space they needed in the plans to accommodate reunions, meetings, conference etc?

Oh well. It is what it is. I too enjoy the old barn, but compared to the rest of the league (aside from the "old school charm") it just doesn't measure up.

Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arenas Around the League   Arenas Around the League Empty

Back to top Go down

Arenas Around the League
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum :: AHL Chatter-
Jump to: