Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » New Team New Attitude
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Top posters
    MrBigMike
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_vote_lcapRypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_voting_barRypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_vote_rcap 
    lettucehead
    Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_vote_lcapRypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_voting_barRypien Suspended  Indefinitely I_vote_rcap 
    Amerks6
    tcw8848
    warlockmb
    TonyC formerlyLEX
    Hiwire
    hardrock4445
    sec13crunch
    Kalvinators
    Sites Of Interest

Rypien Suspended Indefinitely

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely Empty
    PostSubject: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:09 pm

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jrKejKpNwCcrfGV4vuK8LS9Qe01g?docId=9bfcf58c177242b8999b789bd1692bf5

Ring a bell? Anyone remember in the old days of the Crunch a member of the opposing team left the ice at the zamboni doors and fought a fan in the stands?

That's all I can remember......anyone have a better memory?
    Back to top Go down
    https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
    hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I don't remember as I am only 25 and most of the "good ol days" I was just able to make whatever game my rents could bring me to. I am not condoning Rypiens actions but it is nice to see the "good ol days" once in a while. I was lucky enough to have actually been at the game when badduke climbed the glass. I remember it like it was yesterday. we could never get my dad to go to a hockey game. he hated the fighting and thought it was dumb and blah blah blah. well we talked him into going "it's not that bad, only occasional fights, the fights have a role in the game.. etc." boy what a spectacle we brought him to that night...
    Back to top Go down
    MrBigMike
    Admin
    MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Well I am only 29 and if you remember the Badduke incident, you should remember the player/fan fight (if you were there). I believe it was during the same era.

I don't look down at Rypien for his actions. I love it. Fans talk **** and players do to. I think it's all part of the fun.
    Back to top Go down
    hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:06 pm

wish I could have been there that night.
    Back to top Go down
    lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Rypien gets 6 games. The funny thing is it didn't look like the fan was really heckling him. He just wanted to fight anyone wearing a Minnesota jersey.
    Back to top Go down
    lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:41 pm

I think that fan is going way overboard. He's going to seek legal action because he was assaulted?????
    that was not assault. Just somebody looking for an easy pay day.
    Back to top Go down
    hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 pm

if I was him I'd just take the 15 minutes and be happy. I don't really think that legal action is neccessary. I mean come on the kid was interviewed on ESPN.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rypien Suspended Indefinitely   Rypien Suspended  Indefinitely Empty

Back to top Go down

Rypien Suspended Indefinitely
    Page 1 of 1