Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_vote_lcapURGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_voting_barURGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_vote_lcapURGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_voting_barURGENT MIRASTY RUMOR I_vote_rcap 
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR

Go down 
+9
TonyC formerlyLEX
BlakeBall
stagedweller
MrBigMike
warlockmb
Hiwire
Bohonos19
crunchlover
tcw8848
13 posters
AuthorMessage
tcw8848

tcw8848

URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR Empty
PostSubject: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 10:47 pm

SOMEONE IN THE CRUNCH OFFICE NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING!!!

http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2010/12/syracuse_crunchs_mirasty_mirre.html
Back to top Go down
crunchlover

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:17 pm

I just saw this myself. If it comes true an all out boycott of the rest of the season is in order.
Back to top Go down
Bohonos19

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Yeah just great, get rid of the only guy who puts fannies in the seats. in the meantime down in Wilkes-Barre, the crunch are in a close one, only down 5-zip. And that's without Mirasty in the lineup by the way. My message to Anaheim as they dump Jon is while you're at it is trade everybody else also, because this team stinks.
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:37 pm

HMM Maybe CBus wasnt so bad afterall
Back to top Go down
warlockmb

warlockmb

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:07 am

Hiwire wrote:
HMM Maybe CBus wasnt so bad afterall

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:08 am

Boy it's a good thing Mirasty Did not play in tonight's game @ WBS, we might have been pushed around, out-shot and lost 5-0. Oh wait.........
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
stagedweller

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:52 am

There's been a good deal of bad hockey played in the old barn over the last few years, but all the teams over the years have had some redeeming quality. I never dreaded going to the games before. These guys give the fans nothing, no personality, no effort, no excitement, nothing. Now no Mirasty, wow, this sucks. It's going to be hard for us to go to the remaining games much less pony up for season tickets next year. Hard to believe Crunch management goes along with this. Booing and chanting "fire Holick" is something to look forward to I guess.
Back to top Go down
BlakeBall

BlakeBall

PostSubject: Are we even competitive in the ECHL ?????   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:00 am

Send the whole team down to Elmira and bring the whole Elmira team up to Syracuse. Anaheim has an excuse for the way this team is playing and it stinks. They aren't very good at evaluating talent. At least Mirasty tried to fire up the team with his fights. Glencross, Konepka, and Mirasty brought a toughness to the team when they played here. Even Brassard bought into it. This team is soft, hardly hits, doesn't back check or fore check, inconsistent in goal and inconsistent on the bench. Considering that Howard Dolgon pays Anaheim a considerable affiliation fee to allow the Ducks to put there players here it is plain that the Crunch did not get what they thought they where paying for. It shows in the attendance. If the economy were booming the attendance would still be down with the product this team is putting out. The atmosphere is not like it has been at the War Memorial in the past. It has to be hurting the bottom line for the Crunch and the future of hockey in Syracuse. As for the coach, I don't boo, but I understand why the fans boo. 2-3 shoots in the first period. Shame on the Crunch. I have 2 season tickets, pay for parking, and buy concessions. Thats a lot of money. I could take a nice vacation each year with that money but I support the team and in return Anaheim gives us a K-Mart type team. The fans have every right to boo considering the $$$$ they pay for the enterainment value they are not recieving. Before the coach or Anaheim criticized the fan or makes any more excuses they should look long and hard into the mirror. Maybe they will see what the fans are seeing.
Back to top Go down
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Everyone of us should have large signs at the next game saying Holick needs to go, or something along those lines. I know I will. The mans a Joke.
Back to top Go down
BlakeBall

BlakeBall

PostSubject: Mirasty to Elmira   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Take Bob Ferguson and Holick with you. Better yet, make them pay for a ticket to each Crunch game and find out what its like to spend $$$$ to see this team play. These guys tow the party line, but they are too close to see over the trees.

Mirasty needs to work on other parts of his game? He needs to get out of the Anaheim organization. Hockey is supposed to be a tough man's game. Not with the Anaheim Icecapade Ducks.

Bob, do you seriously believe what you tell the press? This team stinks. Almost all grinders, no scorers you can count on. I think if Anaheim wants to turn it around at the NHL and AHL level they need to clean house of this kinda of attitude.

Winning in the minors creates a winning atmosphere and attitude at the next level. We saw this same garbage line from the Toronto Blue Jays the last 10 years when they put K Mart teams in Syracuse and we got to see losing teams so we could have the privilege of seeing "Tommorrow's Stars today". Minor leagues survive on competitive and winning teams. Chiefs attendance is up after dumping Toronto for Washington and the Crunch attendance is down after dumping Columbus for Anaheim. But the parent team doesn't care. There is always another city to happy to get taken advantage of.
Back to top Go down
stagedweller

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:29 pm

This is bait and switch, we were told that we would get a rough and tough team and that winning would be a priority. What we got is an ECHL team with 2 ECHL goalies and a couple of journeymen veterans, a coach that is obviously softer than old Ross, and this organization has the nerve to send an enforcer down because he's not playing up to thier standard. I got news for you Anaheim guys, nobody is playing worth a ****. Tell the Crunch we want our money back becuase we were deceived.
Back to top Go down
stagedweller

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:06 pm

After more reflection on this crap, I think this is a good thing for Jon. He might get a chance to play and he gets away from these losers. Definately a good thing for Elmira, enjoy him while you can.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:04 pm

I must disagree. Nothing positive comes out of this at all. Mirasty can have all the "practice" he wants. He is not a goal scorer. He works all summer, each summer. He is what he is. He is bummed, as Kramer puts it. What a goddamn joke. I fuckin hope Anaheim folds.

What a bullshit move. It's one thing to control your players and prospects. It's completely different to come into a town with history and start clearing off shelves and desks and completely taking over. Either stand by your word or GTFO! I'm glad I have two long weeks to figure out how I will show my displeasure on January 15th.

**EDIT** I would be all for a mass protest....if anyone has any ideas, please post them in a new thread here and let's see if we can get a bunch on board.
Back to top Go down
stagedweller

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:46 am

No, no, I didn't mean that Mirasty needs practice or to improve his game. I meant that he could get a chance to get on the ice and do his thing and be appreciated. They think Salters is as tough, heh heh, just go to youtube and look at Mirasty's fights in addition of course to what we have seen. Fat chance. As far as protests, the bag over the head, wearing a white t shirt with "Jon Mirasty" or "oldtime hockey", everyone leaves at the 10 minute mark in the third period, signs, bombard howard with emails, its imagination time.
Back to top Go down
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:51 am

Salters can't play for ****. And on top of that there is no way he could stand up to the heavy weights in the league. Jon is the most feared, or should I say was the most feared enforcer in the AHL, a real crowd pleaser. And now that dumb shithead Holick sends him to Elmira. This fool hasn't a clue what the hell he's doing. This kills me too say this but I would take Ross back any day over this clown. At least Ross used Jon and didn't constantly shift the lines every friggin game.

Holick, I really hope you read this forum, because You're in WAY over your head. Getting paid for pretending to be a coach must be nice.
Back to top Go down
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:26 pm

As childish as this sounds, we should chant Holick sucks at the ten minute mark of the first period of our next home game.
Back to top Go down
hardrock4445

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:08 pm

jerseys inside out???? nice easy message if you can get the most of the barn....
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Perhaps a slight slip of the tongue from Jackals coach Malcom Cameron finally confirms what we all thought and feared.

This whole Mirasty demotion is being passed off as "a chance to work on his game". Apparently Cameron was told, quietly, that it is for the rest of the season.

During an interview regarding the jackals recent goal drought (sound familiar) he referenced the release of Jackal "tough guy" Brent Gallant:

"Gallant was a great kid. I didn't want to release him. He would never have left here if Jon weren't assigned to us (from the AHL Syracuse Crunch)," Cameron said.

Found on page two of the article:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/20110109/SPORTS01/101090365/1119/sports/Elmira+Jackals+stuck+in+goal+drought
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

PostSubject: Mirasty sent down again   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:30 pm

I can't believe the crap that the Ducks are doing sending Mirasty down to the CHL. I hope he is back in the AHL next year with a team that the Crunch see a bunch of times and he kicks the crap out of the garbage we have to call a enforcer. If it is Salters still that will be funny as hell he will get destroyed and I will cheer for Miasty as I always have.

Is there anyone else who thinks the way hockey is going now with being figure skating with sticks is gonna run themselves into the ground and fold soon enough? Attendances are down for NHL all over and teams like Atlanta are doing good but on the brink of folding due to noone going to the games.
Back to top Go down
MrSteak

MrSteak

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Hockey13 wrote:
I can't believe the crap that the Ducks are doing sending Mirasty down to the CHL. I hope he is back in the AHL next year with a team that the Crunch see a bunch of times and he kicks the crap out of the garbage we have to call a enforcer. If it is Salters still that will be funny as hell he will get destroyed and I will cheer for Miasty as I always have.

AMEN hockey! This is yet another slap in the face from the Ducks to Mirasty.

Next season, I would absolutely love to see him in the red, white, and blue colors of the Rochester Americans so he can come back here five times and show Anaheim what he really thinks about them. Now that would be the one and only Amerk jersey I would want and would wear it to the Rochester / Syracuse games to show my support for Mirasty. And maybe i'll add some black tape in the form of an 'X' on the Amerks logo as well.

Thanks for the memories Jon, see you on the visiting bench next season! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am

Bloomington VS Fort Wayne:

http://www.pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_hockey_new.html?gameid=1338657&wttlink=chl.stats.pointstreak.com

As I type this, the videos are still unavailable. it says they will be up around 12:00am CST. Check it out
Back to top Go down
mcgratton20

mcgratton20

PostSubject: Do You think mirasty will be back?   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:11 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

He wont be back in a Crunch uniform if that is your question. I hope when he gets signed next year it is by team the crunch play 4 or 5 times in each barn so we can watch him toast whatever enforcer we will have or not have
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 am

Also, if anyone else has noticed or been keeping tabs, Mirasty has been scratched 3 or 4 of Fort Wayne's last games consecutively. I wonder what's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 2:28 pm

It looks like he has been on the IR with a leg injury but should be back this weekend for them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR   URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT MIRASTY RUMOR
Page 1 of 1