Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_vote_lcapRochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_voting_barRochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_vote_lcapRochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_voting_barRochester: Interesting articile on their teams  I_vote_rcap 
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams

Go down 
+2
lettucehead
BlakeBall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BlakeBall

BlakeBall

Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  Empty
PostSubject: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:29 am

I agree with Curt Styres that a winning team is the best marketing tool for a sports franchise.
The thing that blows my mind is that Rochester had just over 3000 for a weekend playoff game last season.
Maybe there are too many teams in Rochester.
The good thing about Syracuse is we get at least 5000 per game no matter how good or bad our team is playing.
You would think competing against a nationally known top tier basketball program that our attendance
should be bad, but I guess it proves how dedicated we are as hockey fans.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 pm

lettucehead wrote:
I agree with Curt Styres that a winning team is the best marketing tool for a sports franchise.
The thing that blows my mind is that Rochester had just over 3000 for a weekend playoff game last season.
Maybe there are too many teams in Rochester.
The good thing about Syracuse is we get at least 5000 per game no matter how good or bad our team is playing.
You would think competing against a nationally known top tier basketball program that our attendance
should be bad, but I guess it proves how dedicated we are as hockey fans.
Getting 3000 for a first round AHL playoff game is the norm. Actually it might be slightly above average. Even back int he Amerks "glory days" in the 80's, they would draw 3-4,000 in the first rounds. Crowds pick up as you go along.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Jeez your right. It looked like every team in the playoffs besides a few, had attendance drop offs.
I wonder why people would stop going to games when it matters the most?
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Less free tickets for the playoffs?

Also some teams tally tickets sold, not necessarily used, in their regular season attendance figures. This includes sponsor's unused season tickets. Whereas I've read playoff games are true turnstile numbers.

I believe I have also read that Howard demands that our regular attendance figure be accurate, not padded. Free tickets or not, our numbers are true.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
sinbin

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Mike you nailed it [ less free tickets ] . In Syracuse and most other AHL cities they sell several hundred season tickets to Corporations and businesses.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:25 pm

I guess I'm just suprised that people won't pull out their wallets for playoff tix.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:40 pm

You don't have group sales in the playoffs for starters. That's the biggest. Second, you have very little time to sell tickets. It's just always the way it's been. And in Rochester, at least prior to the last few years, seeing the first round of the playoffs was the norm, and people didn't get excited until the Amerks got to the 2nd or 3rd round.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Do they really think that soccer and lacrosse and even minor league basketball (if thats what its called)
are going to be successful? I know they tried some of this stuff here in Syracuse and none of it worked.
Back to top Go down
Kalvinators

Kalvinators

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:06 pm

Playoffs are playoffs, there`s no argument anymore. It`s showtime. No matter which round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kalvinators
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 pm

lettucehead wrote:
Do they really think that soccer and lacrosse and even minor league basketball (if thats what its called)
are going to be successful? I know they tried some of this stuff here in Syracuse and none of it worked.
Soccer and lacrosse are very successful. The NLL has the best players in the world and is pretty exciting. No idea how that didn't work in Syracuse.

The basketball team will go away eventually, same with the indoor football team. Ideally, Rochester would be better off with 4 teams. The Red Wings, Amerks, Knighthawks and Rhinos.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Kalvinators wrote:
Playoffs are playoffs, there`s no argument anymore. It`s showtime. No matter which round.
We think that way. But minor league sports are driven a lot by group sales. There's no group sales in the playoffs. Teams just don't draw in rounds 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
Kalvinators

Kalvinators

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:22 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Kalvinators wrote:
We think that way. But minor league sports are driven a lot by group sales. There's no group sales in the playoffs. Teams just don't draw in rounds 1 or 2.
You can allways compare the stats with other teams and say how good they are in the league Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kalvinators
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Kalvinators wrote:
Amerks6 wrote:
Kalvinators wrote:
You can allways compare the stats with other teams and say how good they are in the league Wink
Not really. A team that doesn't see the playoffs much will probably draw better in round 1 as they are not used to it. Like I said, back even when the Amerks were the top draw in the league they struggled to draw crowds in round 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams    Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rochester: Interesting articile on their teams
Page 1 of 1