Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_vote_lcapGreatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_voting_barGreatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_vote_lcapGreatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_voting_barGreatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? I_vote_rcap 
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???

Go down 
+3
sec13crunch
reamc
MoreCowbell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MoreCowbell

Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:34 pm

I wonder what Amerk6 thinks now about this post now:

"We'll have Markstrom as our starter, and even though he's probably one of the best goalies in the world outside the NHL..."

Timo is proving that they preseason report I heard about him was far more accurate than the info Amerk6 got on Markstrom being the "great goalie in the world not playing in the NHL." I can't wait to see the greatest goalie not playing the NHL between the pipes in the old barn.

AHL Rankings:

6 * Timo Pielmeier Syracuse Crunch
47 Jacob Markstrom Rochester Americans

Timo Pielmeier has started the Crunch’s last three games and stopped 94 of 97 shots faced. So much for Timo being the next Beckford Tseu. The chants of TIMO, TIMO, TIMO have already started in the old barn. He is going to be the best goalie to wear a Crunch uniform since JF Labbe!!!!

My second prediciton that Rochester won't have an AHL team next season is coming closer to reality every night. The owner of the Amerks franchise is losing a ton of money especially when he is drawing 3,300 on a Saturday night. That does not even cover a fraction of the rent for the Blue Cross Arena.

Back to top Go down
reamc

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:51 am

Although it does look that way now always remember 6 games does not a season make. Time will tell...
Back to top Go down
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:12 am

reamc wrote:
Although it does look that way now always remember 6 games does not a season make. Time will tell...
I agree it's early but lets not forget that our Amerks freind was boasting that this years Amerks team was going to dominate, just wondering where he is now. I really didn't think he would run and hide, if the Amerks start doing well and our boys go in the dumper i'd bet he will be back. Very Happy . He does know his hockey, so i would like to know his opinion on what is wrong with Markstrom. I went to the Amerks game Saturday night and Markstrom looked average at best, and has when i've watched the Amerks on TV. Come on Amerks man up and tell us your opinion!! : Cool
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:24 pm

Yes it is early, but all things considered these goalies look great. Especially Timo. At least half of his goals against were one-timers created off an odd man rush.

The D is holding up fairly well too.

That said, what do you guys think needs to happen to limit shots against?

I am not even sure if a blowout against Hershey or WBS would be true tests as, like last year, they are seemingly scoring goals at will.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:12 pm

I think puck possesion is ehis teams problemright now. I also think these guys are not comfortable with their line mates (although it's getting better each game.)
Back to top Go down
MoreCowbell

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Its great having a team with some big defenseman and solid goaltending. I realize its only 6 games but its fun busting some chops with our friends from Rochester. I think we will see the offensive begin to come together over the next 10-15 games and my bet Anaheim is on the lookout for a veteran forward to replace Jaffray.

Lets hope the boys can pick-up 4 more points this weekend.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Not to get too far off topic here, but Anaheim has already said Jaffray was slotted for the NHL. So I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a top $$ vet here in the 'cuse.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 10:26 pm

I "boasted" about the Amerks when Nylander was here, when we expected Michael Grabner and Mike Santorelli. Unfortunately, the Amerks lost all of those players, plus Mark Cullen and Chris Taylor. Can you imagine any team doing well losing that much talent? The Amerks are essentially an ECHL team right now.

So Markstroms numbers are no indication of him as a goalie. He's been impressive. But the guy has played every minute of the season so far. He had a bad game last night, probably due to fatigue.

The Amerks will improve significantly since they are so hurt with injuries right now. But I'm not sure they can be the team I thought prior to the season.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 am

Now tonight we learn Triston Grant is out with a lacerated kidney. Really? I mean, I'm the last to make excuses. If the Amerks stink, they stink. But...

Mark Cullen
Chris Taylor (finally playing first game tonight)
Michael Grabner
Michael Nylander
Mike Santorelli
Triston Grant
Tyler Plante (fainted on bench, missed time)

I mean, that's crazy. It's amazing the Amerks even have the wins they do, including winning in Hershey.
Back to top Go down
Cruncher88

Cruncher88

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 am

Amerk6,
I went back and read the post that Morecowbell had quoted you on and nowhere in that post do you mention Nylander when you are "boasting" on how great Markstrom is. You do in another post mention Nylander in one line. Thats in the same post where you compare Timo to Beckford-Tseu. Clearly you didn't think that Timo was a legitimate A.H.L. goaltender.

But now that you are back posting here after laying low for awhile you are doing the old Rochester back peddle move. Trying to play word games to defend your post. For once in your life just man up and say you might have been wrong. I know that goes against every fiber of an Amerk fans being, but there's a first time for everything.

Oh, and one final thought. You say that Markstrom has been impressive, how impressive can the 47th ranked goalie in the A.H.L. be? It must not take much to impress you boys in Ra-cha-cha these days, LOL
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Cruncher88 wrote:
Amerk6,
I went back and read the post that Morecowbell had quoted you on and nowhere in that post do you mention Nylander when you are "boasting" on how great Markstrom is. You do in another post mention Nylander in one line. Thats in the same post where you compare Timo to Beckford-Tseu. Clearly you didn't think that Timo was a legitimate A.H.L. goaltender.

But now that you are back posting here after laying low for awhile you are doing the old Rochester back peddle move. Trying to play word games to defend your post. For once in your life just man up and say you might have been wrong. I know that goes against every fiber of an Amerk fans being, but there's a first time for everything.

Oh, and one final thought. You say that Markstrom has been impressive, how impressive can the 47th ranked goalie in the A.H.L. be? It must not take much to impress you boys in Ra-cha-cha these days, LOL

Have you watched Markstrom? Because if not, I highly doubt you are qualified to comment on how he's been. He's played quite well. Of course we also have an excellent goalie in Plante to fall back on.

Take much to impress? LOL coming from a Crunch fan.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Plante? When you had a combination of Plante and "Becky-Sue" I was hard pressed to find an Amerk fan with anything good to say.

I'll agree that Markstrom has probably been the reason the Amerks have won games and not been beat by 5 goals on the losses.

BTW, when did Plante faint?
Back to top Go down
Cruncher88

Cruncher88

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Just like you, who had never seen Timo play but felt qualified to judge him. Hypocrite!!!! I repeat what I said in my previous post, hard to be impressed by a goalie ranked #47. And as far as your last comment, I'm not the one crying the blues and making up excuses for my team of choice. So you and the other 500 fans or so that pack in the BCA, can cheer on the great Amerk team of 2010! Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Cruncher88 wrote:
Just like you, who had never seen Timo play but felt qualified to judge him. Hypocrite!!!! I repeat what I said in my previous post, hard to be impressed by a goalie ranked #47. And as far as your last comment, I'm not the one crying the blues and making up excuses for my team of choice. So you and the other 500 fans or so that pack in the BCA, can cheer on the great Amerk team of 2010! Good luck with that.
LOL Crunch fans still make me laugh. So bitter.

Maybe you should worry about your own goalie and team after tonight lol!

Mike, Plante has improved drastically since a couple years ago. His coming out party was the last month or so of last season when he was a wall and continued his stellar play into the playoffs. He fainted a couple weeks ago against Hamilton. Apparently it was just dehydration.
Back to top Go down
Cruncher88

Cruncher88

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Bitterness? Now I have to LOL. You post so much junk here I think you actually forget what you say on previous posts. You just don't like being called out on it when when you back peddle or contradict yourself. As far as tonights loss, Crunch had a lead and blew it. No excuses, no whining. Just hope for a better effort next game. I'm not like you, I'm not ready to tie some sandbags to myself and jump in the Genesee river. I know who you are on the Rochester board, and you are nothing but doom and gloom. Then you come here and try to blow smoke up our butts by saying how much better the Amerks are then the Crunch. I have to admit one thing....your posts certainly provide some comic relief. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Cruncher88 wrote:
LOL Crunch fans still make me laugh. So bitter.

Maybe you should worry about your own goalie and team after tonight lol!

Mike, Plante has improved drastically since a couple years ago. His coming out party was the last month or so of last season when he was a wall and continued his stellar play into the playoffs. He fainted a couple weeks ago against Hamilton. Apparently it was just dehydration.

Not to get in the middle of an argument but what the F*** is with goalies fainting this year?
First Pavelec from the thrashers now Plante? I've been watching hockey for 28 years and never seen this.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Very strange. That's what everyone was saying at the game. Bizarre, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Very strange. That's what everyone was saying at the game. Bizarre, to say the least.

I'm by no means a science guy or a lawyer study but maybe those smelling salts have something to do with it.
If anyone reading this is a lawyer ,and pursues a class action suit, I want a decent cut!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:06 am

Amerks i wasn't saying Markstrom sucks, just saying he's not the all world tender you made him out to be. And lets not be throwing stonoe about last nights game, your boys have been thumped both times (HOME and away) by the 'Dogs. Plus, this is AHL hockey so please stop using no Santorelli and Grabner as excuses. Or we can use the fact we dont have jaffray, Sexton and Carter. I just chalk it up as you overated this bunch of Amerks, which isn't hard to do because i did with the '08/09 Crunch team.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 am

[quote="sec13crunch"]Amerks i wasn't saying Markstrom sucks, just saying he's not the all world tender you made him out to be. And lets not be throwing stonoe about last nights game, your boys have been thumped both times (HOME and away) by the 'Dogs. Plus, this is AHL hockey so please stop using no Santorelli and Grabner as excuses. Or we can use the fact we dont have jaffray, Sexton and Carter. I just chalk it up as you overated this bunch of Amerks, which isn't hard to do because i did with the '08/09 Crunch team.[/quote
Markstrom is considered one of the top 5 prospects in all of hockey. This wasn't just my opinion that's he's one of the top goalies in the world not in the NHL, this was statements from scouts and people who have watched him play.

The guy is 20 years old playing his first North American action. And it's October. Give me a break. He'll be fine. He has incredible talent. When we play you guys finally, you'll see.

As far as our games with Hamilton, again, we've played shorthanded all year. Lets take out Bonino, Palmieri, Green and MacMillan and see how well Syracuse does.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 am

[quote="Amerks6"]
sec13crunch wrote:
Amerks i wasn't saying Markstrom sucks, just saying he's not the all world tender you made him out to be. And lets not be throwing stonoe about last nights game, your boys have been thumped both times (HOME and away) by the 'Dogs. Plus, this is AHL hockey so please stop using no Santorelli and Grabner as excuses. Or we can use the fact we dont have jaffray, Sexton and Carter. I just chalk it up as you overated this bunch of Amerks, which isn't hard to do because i did with the '08/09 Crunch team.
Markstrom is considered one of the top 5 prospects in all of hockey. This wasn't just my opinion that's he's one of the top goalies in the world not in the NHL, this was statements from scouts and people who have watched him play.

The guy is 20 years old playing his first North American action. And it's October. Give me a break. He'll be fine. He has incredible talent. When we play you guys finally, you'll see.

As far as our games with Hamilton, again, we've played shorthanded all year. Lets take out Bonino, Palmieri, Green and MacMillan and see how well Syracuse does.

Oh and you guys were never getting any of those players, so that's a pretty lousy comparison.
Back to top Go down
sec13crunch

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:58 pm

[quote="Amerks6"]
Amerks6 wrote:
sec13crunch wrote:

Oh and you guys were never getting any of those players, so that's a pretty lousy comparison.
Your wrong, Jaffray and Carter were slated for here, and Sexton still could come down. when Lupul is better it will push another down. And besides Taylor and Cullen where is your significant injury? And i wouldn't Cullen and Taylor significant, no matter what you say your boys still have had more vets then the Crunch playing this season INCLUDING the games in hamilton. Hell, you even called the Crunch out saying that we would maybe win two games against you guys now your asking how we would do without them...hmmm.... back track much? Just admit even fully healthy your boys are not as good as you thought, and will struggle against the Crunch and their speed, especially the Amerk below average D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???   Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Goalie In The World Outside The NHL Is Playing In Rochester???
Page 1 of 1