Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
DUMP THE DUCKS I_vote_lcapDUMP THE DUCKS I_voting_barDUMP THE DUCKS I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

DUMP THE DUCKS

Go down 
+2
Amerks6
BlakeBall
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BlakeBall

BlakeBall

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 pm

All these deals show exactly what they think of the Syracue organization and the loyal fans. Dump them before they dump us for a city closer to Anaheim.

They don't care one thing about us. I get the feeling they are arrogant and look down on us.

Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 pm

I don't usually feel bad for the Crunch at all. In fact, I usually take pleasure in their misfortunes. But what a slap in the face. I do feel for you guys.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
I don't usually feel bad for the Crunch at all. In fact, I usually take pleasure in their misfortunes. But what a slap in the face. I do feel for you guys.

I know a farm team crying over the top club is nothing new, in fact last year we were all saying "Anyone but Columbus".....but wow. Bob Murray's comments are over the top. He actually publicly denounced our club. Players should be in a playoff atmosphere.....yeah I agree. Too bad, because of the Ducks, playoffs are but a pipe dream for us and the rest of their players.

I get the whole NHL-AHL relationship as much as any fan. But not only have these guys proven winning at this level is unimportant, but they have walked all over the City, fans and Crunch front office. I cannot believe how they don't even try to disguise it.
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Amerks6

Amerks6

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Of course, this also adversely affects the Amerks. The Amerks are actually playing well and within reach of the playoffs. Plus with a strengthened roster, it's somewhat realistic.

So Perrault and Jaffray on Syracuse would have been a huge boost to the Amerks due to weakening the Moose.
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 1:26 am

Its hard to believe that for a deal as big as the Syracuse/ Ducks was, Anaheim didnt do their research and see that the Crunch fans would have supported this team as well as the Ducks if they had just shown us a little respect. Players have said over and over that the atmosphere in "The House of Pain" contributes to wins and would have contributed to the quality of player available to them. The only ones they have to blame for the quality of the players coming out of Syracuse is themselves. They hired the poor excuse for a coach. They hired the players. THEN they dumped the only player with any kind of work ethic, muzzling the fans. In our section, behind the Crunch bench, the conversation and taunts shouted to the ice are mostly anti-Crunch, actually more anti Holick than anything. I wonder with all the damage that Anaheim has done to the Crunch this year, how long it will take the fans to get back behind them. Hey Anaheim I DARE YOU to give us a reason!!
Back to top Go down
Bohonos19

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:45 am

Well this off season will tell the story about whether Anaheim is willing to fix this team (and theirs of course).
We need scoring bad. Oh and Defense. Oops, goaltending also.
And a NEW COACH would be icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:53 pm

I dont see us dumping the Ducks. Ithink it was billed as a dream relationship and maybe it still can be but its going to take a lot of work. Next year will have to be almost like this year was supposed to be. Anaheim didnt do ANYTHING right. They need to 1)dump Holick- The layers dont respect him, the fans hate him, and he sure doesnt seem to be doing anything to help the team. 2)get some REAL veterans in here that can lead these kids. If they really are future superstars they need Dan Smith to show them the way. 3) They need to show a LOT more respect for the Syracuse fan base. The fans can do SOO much for this team. We can make them want to play and want to look good. We all know that Syracuse is as good at this as anyone is.
I dont know if McGratten will put asses in the seats BUT even if he does, it wont solve the overall problem. Anaheim (Ferguson) needs to change his attitude or else I can definitely see Howard looking elsewhere. Howard is a class act. He gets it. he knows that its the fans that can make or break the whole game for him. I give him all the credit in the world for staying cool and not slamming the Ducks in the media. At some point they have to realize how bad its been down here. At the beginning of the season, the owners said they would be in Syracuse every month of the season. I wonder if thats been true?? I have never seen any mention of them since then. I would assume right now they are ashamed to show their faces. I would also assume they would be BOOed pretty bad if they were announced at the game. They need to turn this around and they could be our heros like they were back in October.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 pm

How could you guys dump the Ducks? Affiliation have ended early plenty of times, but never after the first year. And who would Syracuse affiliate with anyway? Florida?
Back to top Go down
Hiwire

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Howard's not a stupid guy. He didnt get this far by going off half cocked. I really think we are stuck with the Ducks until he has something better already in hand. Do you really think he dumped Columbus without a plan? I would say that if you ever see him talking about ending the realtionship with Anaheim it will be becaue he has already been talking to someone else, for a better deal. I honestly dont see it happening at the end of this year. I dont think it makes business sense.I would though, assume that Anaheim has got to know a good deal when they see it. If the deal with them is a 2 year deal, I would be looking for those major changes next year. Poop or get off the pot.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:19 pm

I agree with that. It's just a bad year to look for a new affiliate. Rochester has been looking for months. There's not much out there.
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I doubt we will be able to get rid of the ducks. Which is fine I just hope either Howard can sign 2 or 3 of his own players or the ducks man up. If the ducks don't and supply a **** team like they have all year this year it will become a make or break for the Crunch I think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DUMP THE DUCKS Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUMP THE DUCKS   DUMP THE DUCKS Empty

Back to top Go down

DUMP THE DUCKS
Page 1 of 1