Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
. . . .Unofficial Syracuse Crunch Fan Forum . . . .
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Team New Attitude
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 am by MrBigMike

» Making the Playoffs
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:00 am by MrBigMike

» Gonnnnerrr
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm by tcw8848

» Crunch vs Roch
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm by MrBigMike

» Crunch VS Amerks round 1
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:00 am by Hiwire

» Will Crunch Show Up Saturday?
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:08 am by hockeymike

» Crunch Club and Beer Selection
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:52 pm by BlakeBall

» WBS outclasses the Crunch
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm by hockeymike

» Norfolk vs Syracuse tonight
Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 am by MrBigMike

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
MrBigMike
Well The Ducks got us a sniper I_vote_lcapWell The Ducks got us a sniper I_voting_barWell The Ducks got us a sniper I_vote_rcap 
lettucehead
Well The Ducks got us a sniper I_vote_lcapWell The Ducks got us a sniper I_voting_barWell The Ducks got us a sniper I_vote_rcap 
Amerks6
tcw8848
warlockmb
TonyC formerlyLEX
Hiwire
hardrock4445
sec13crunch
Kalvinators
Sites Of Interest

Well The Ducks got us a sniper

Go down 
+2
Cruncher77
MrBigMike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

Well The Ducks got us a sniper Empty
PostSubject: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:44 pm

Soft hands Mcgrattan. Who knew. Seriously tho, someone tell Holick to give this guy a shift off. Seems like in order to prove his theory on Mirasty, he's going to make a sniper out of Mcgratton.

4 in a row? Hey, its not too late for an end of the season run..... lol!
Back to top Go down
https://syracusecrunch.forumotion.com
Cruncher77

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Sign this guy for next year NOW, I mean 5 goals in 5 games is awesome and all but, if this guy could give you 7 or 8 goals a year and defend his teamates- what else could you ask for?
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:52 pm

It is sad to say that the only sniper we have had this year is a 30 year old enforcer. The Crunch are the only team that would throw Mcgratten on the first line and have him as the top scoring threat lol
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:13 pm

Would you really want to waste a veteran spot on McGrattan? I doubt he'd hit more than 10 goals next season.
Back to top Go down
TonyC formerlyLEX

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Would you really want to waste a veteran spot on McGrattan? I doubt he'd hit more than 10 goals next season.

We wasted a veteran spot on Dipenta, he's useless compared to Mcgrattan.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Amerks6 wrote:

I would. If you're going to get an enforcer worth his weight, odds are he will be a vet. It's amazing the difference a guy like him makes for the rest of the team. They played well with Emery too. Yes I will go there, they even played better when Mirasty was on the ice too. I once had the numbers from when Mirasty played vs. when he was scratched and yes the team fared much better.

A vet who plays his role well and shows the young guys the ropes is always worth a spot. I have mixed emotions about Dipenta. I don't notice him much on the ice. They say the best defenseman is the one you don't notice. However, I don't think that logic should apply to a captain. He should be visible, loud and full of vigor, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I just won't agree there. I've seen McGrattan play more than enough times. Pretty good player by enforcer standards, but he's still a 4th liner who would see spot duty. This isn't the norm, the streak he is on.

You get 5 veteran spots. Use them on impact players. McGrattan is not that.
Back to top Go down
Hockey13

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 am

Yeah this is just a fluke with Mcgratten. Is he worth a veteran spot some say yes some say no. Soon it isn't going to mater with the way hockey is being ruined, pretty soon the players are all gonna wear pink toto's no checking, no hitting and fighting will be a life time ban. Hopefully hockey stops screwing up the sport and gets it back to a real game if not it will be a dead sport.

Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
I just won't agree there. I've seen McGrattan play more than enough times. Pretty good player by enforcer standards, but he's still a 4th liner who would see spot duty. This isn't the norm, the streak he is on.

You get 5 veteran spots. Use them on impact players. McGrattan is not that.

I'll try to use smaller words. I am not saying Mcgrattan is a 20+ goal scorer. I am not saying he will produce even 15+pts. The reason he is scoring goals is because Holick is force feeding him minutes. He has to because he and the Ducks have said on paper, too many times, that Mirasty wasn't a good fit because he couldn't score. Now they need Mcgrattan to put up numbers so they don't look more foolish than they already do.

An enforcer can be an impact player. Like I said, the team as a whole has played much better on Mcgrattan's watch. If it's the right guy, I don't feel a veteran spot would be wasted on an "enforcer"
You want a vet that can help the young guys progress and adjust. A vet does not need to be a 20+ goal scorer to be an "impact player".

It's all a moot point because I don't see Mcgrattan here next year anyway.
Back to top Go down
lettucehead

lettucehead

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:03 pm

This probably is a fluke for Mcgrattan. He is obviously playing for a contract for next season.
That being said I would sign him for the fact that he can protect his teammates and be your enforcer
and any points he puts up is a bonus.

As far as Dipenta goes being at +9 on this team isn't too bad, and he sees alot of ice
against the opposition's top line's.
Back to top Go down
Amerks6

Amerks6

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:43 pm

Then waste your vet spots on someone like McGrattan. Certainly won't bring the Calder Cup to Syracuse any quicker. A non vet enforcer, who could do pretty much the same thing, could be had for cheaper and not take up a vet spot.
Back to top Go down
MrBigMike
Admin
MrBigMike

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:04 pm

Amerks6 wrote:
Then waste your vet spots on someone like McGrattan. Certainly won't bring the Calder Cup to Syracuse any quicker. A non vet enforcer, who could do pretty much the same thing, could be had for cheaper and not take up a vet spot.

Like who? Leigh Salters? lol! No thanks, I'll use a vet spot over the likes of him. Again tho, moot point. I don't sign the contracts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well The Ducks got us a sniper   Well The Ducks got us a sniper Empty

Back to top Go down

Well The Ducks got us a sniper
Page 1 of 1